Thursday, September 23, 2010

Leverage In The United States

Okay, maybe I'm a weenie. But I went back today and deleted kind of a harsh post regarding the CFTC ruling that would attempt to restrict leverage for retail forex traders (that's me and you).

Here's the deal. Not all brokers will be affected by this ruling, so you will be able to access direct to market brokers who not only allow you to hedge (which has made that NFA ruling against hedging meaningless), but also brokers right here in the United States (and around the world, of course) who will continue to legally let you use leverage from 100 to 1 up to 400 to 1. That is a direct quote from my own direct to market broker. I trade with them legally and ethically, and I currently use 100 to 1 leverage as well as hedging right here in the U.S. I will continue to be able to use my standard and preferred 100 to 1 leverage as well as hedging capabilities with this same direct to market broker based right here in the United States.

Capitalists always find a way.

As I said in a somewhat more lengthy and politically editorial post yesterday, capitalism and free trade are alive still today in the United States. Responsible traders who actually know how to use leverage to their advantage (as well as hedging as a strategy to protect equity) continue to not only use but NEED these trading fundamentals. It's wrong for the current administration to attempt to over regulate our ability to trade.

Regardless, and I'll stop with the editorializing here cause most of you already know how I feel about the current administration, we capitalists will always find a way to make a profit. It's what we do. We will continue to do it, despite every attempt to regulate limits on free enterprise by the current Obama administration.

So don't worry about that CFTC ruling. It's not going to affect you if you simply look around at all your options. We only have a couple more years to endure, and then we'll likely return to a more capitalist friendly Washington, D.C. At least that's my opinion. Peace and prosperity to all. Well, actually the "prosperity" part is mostly directed at those willing to take a risk of actually making profits in America today by actively investing. What a concept.