Friday, May 6, 2011

A Strong USD. Who Would Have Predicted.

Maybe there are insightful traders out there who saw today's soaring value in the USD. I suspect not too many people predicted the profit taking opportunities that happened today from EUR/USD to USD/CHF. One thing for sure, trading in the now with Trajectory Forex real time data was pretty easy.

I was at first long on EUR/USD and short on CHF/USD. When I saw both trajectory change and accelerating velocity, I got out of positions at smaller profit levels or near break even thanks to original and profitable entry points. Then, despite what I had seen over many months before, I looked at the real time data and surprised myself with profits based on the rising strength of today's USD.

EUR/USD went down. USD/CHF went up. Go figure. One thing for sure, with real time data and observation of just two real time variables that stream into the MT4 non-stop, Trajectory Forex methodologies allowed me to earn profits despite the longer term trend of both these currencies.

If you haven't read my book, check it out. Trajectory Forex is now on Amazon and at www.TrajectoryForex.com. Again, real time data proves to be the key to radical and rapid change.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Compared to your FX Hedge strategy you had a few years back, how does this compare. The market wasnt kind to that strategy because of the lack of volatility.

Sparks IQ141 said...

The FX Power Hedge was fixed and did not account for changes in price movement velocity. So, if you have a currency that moved to a stop of 100 pips (with limit just 3 - 5 pips beyond), momentum was not always going to hit the stop AND the limit. It did most of the time, but not all the time depending on market conditions.

What we observed was that those instances where a reverse happened after the stop was hit but not the limit consistently showed loss of velocity as price approached the stop. This loss of velocity is accounted for in Trajectory Forex.

Thus, we have two variables being analyzed in Trajectory Forex: total pips of movement and SPEED of movement. This gives you a more accurate evaluation of probability that price will continue movement. No guarantee that it will continue...a "statistical probability estimation". This is why I describe in the book that you could use the actual formula for calculating trajectory, but that is just a snapshot. The key is using this quantitative data (fact) in order to make a qualitative (subjective evaluation) decision as to whether or not the trend is likely to continue.

There are no sure things. I don't want to represent my methodology for trend identification is absolute or automatic. I got beat up pretty bad by one guy in a review on Amazon. He was hacked off at me because he had the inability to comprehend and execute the FX Power Hedge, and he made false assertions that all the materials in Trajectory Forex are "on the web already".

That's patently not true. I've never seen anyone connect the relationship between price movement trajectory and velocity of movement in the manner in which I present, and then document with results in the book. You can also download charts and results graphs for free on my website: www.trajectoryforex.com.